Tuesday 20 March 2012

Herbs

I have always loved the idea of having fresh herbs on hand, especially if you have them growing in your very own kitchen. I have attempted herbs numerous times (and have succeeded) but only for a couple of months before they end up sadly over or under-watered.


I decided that I would attempt to gain the skill of herb-growing once again. However, I did some research and chose some of the "heartier" herbs. The final candidates being: Rosemary, Lemon Thyme, Chives and Parsley. I also bought a Bay Leaf tree- these are very hearty and easy to tend to. I have also started some oregano and basil from seed- we'll see about those!!


I wanted to show off my herbs in a different sort of way and was meandering around Michael's when I found some "Chalkboard Paint". I had seen some crafts using this sort of paint before and had loved the result, so with my coupon in hand, I picked it up and headed to the check-out!!


Chalkboard Paint Terra Cotta Pots 
Chalkboard Paint ($6.99) at Michaels- brought a 40% off coupon
Terra Cotta Pots (2 for $1) at the dollar store
Terra Cotta Bowl- for catching water (3 for $1) at the dollar store
Paint Brushes (10 for $1) at the dollar store
Thin Coloured Chalk (99 cents) at Staples


TOTAL cost was about $8


Simply paint a couple of layers of the paint on each pot. Allow to dry for about 2 hours. Wipe off and VOILA! Label your plant pots accordingly- time and time again!!







No comments:

Post a Comment