Friday 22 June 2012

Homemade Ironing Board

I had been searching online for some tabletop ironing boards, and came across this brilliant idea for a homemade one.


Materials:
Piece of board ($5)
Quilt batting to fit the size of board you would like
1 metre of fabric of choice (varies)
Stapler and Staples (on hand)


Directions:
Cut the fabric and batting to fit the board. Tightly pull fabric and staple around the board. Voila! You have yourself an ironing board!


The owl pictured on top of the ironing board is a pattern from Retro Mama (details on previous post)



1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog via google. I love the owl and the board. And I think we have the same Ikea table. ;) I was wondering if your ironing board is working for you? I'm wanting to make one but was concerned about the heat and quilt batting. I am afraid of it melting. Did you have any issues with yours?

    ReplyDelete